Tuesday, July 08, 2008

take me back to the Shuswap

Getting back from holidays sucks big time. On the trip back Grace was feeling car sick. When we got home about 11 Sunday night, there was a note from Sam not to forget Grace's dental appt on Monday. I had totally forgotten that she was supposed to get her wisdom teeth out on Monday. She had already taken a lot of time off work and now had to go in and tell her bosses that she would be off Monday too. And had to get teeth pulled. Happy birthday Grace.
Then on Monday morning I was reading the obituaries in the Journal (as is my habit) when I saw the one about Uncle Bill. Checked the phone messages and sure enough there was one from Uncle Stan.
We were going to go out for Grace's birthday supper on Monday but it's not the same when the birthday star can't eat. Anne made a cake anyway. The rest of us enjoyed it.
Although we got back Sunday I didn't talk to Sam until tonight. He worked at A&W last night and didn't get home till I was in bed.
We are short staffed at work because of people on holidays and I was thinking that I probably wouldn't be able to go to the funeral. Also Anne's plane leaves Calgary Thursday afternoon. But I found somebody to come in to work and we are going to put Anne on a bus in Red Deer that goes right to the airport. She will be quite a few hours early but will be there at least.
And it is raining.

2 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

what a homecoming! life is not always fair - that's what I'm rhinking anyhow = see you thurs

8:43 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Oh- poor Grace! Still - at least houseboating was first, so she didn't have to suffer through it with sore teeth! I'm glad you can go to Uncle Bill's funeral.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home