Sunday, June 22, 2008

One week

So, i have done my duty so far as exercising goes, but still need to clean the house. How many virtuous things can I do in a day? Still, i have to clean as house is disgusting me.
I only work one more shift, then am off for many days. Thank you holidays.
I saw an article on Mull today in the paper, then started looking at vacation ideas for Scotland.
All this to avoid housework. If I were in school, the house would be clean so that I could avoid studying. Actually, I still have the course I'm doing on mental health, but it is honestly super easy. Last test I didn't study and got a v.g. + grade. I would prefer a course that has more that I actually didn't already know.
Last set of shifts was ok, I got out of working in icu, which was grand, but then spent next 2 days doing adolescent crisis beds. It went fine, but it was the 1st time those beds have been used, and I felt somewhat like a guest in someone else's home, that is not particularly welcome. It is a political thing as the kid I was with was acute care, but the unit is tertiary care, and apparently there is controversy about mixing the two. whatever. My opinion is do whatever is in the best interest of the kid. Who was fine to be with, except that spending 12 hours with the same person 1:1 is tiring and gets dull. From my perspective. And I missed going to the charge nurse workshop that I was registered for because no one else was able to work there. Perhaps time to do more training?
This entry is not particularly uplifting is it?
And somewhat whiny.
I sure am looking forward to boating and seeing everyone! And singing!
Weather right now has been cloudy off and on, but warm, and is supposed to get warmer and sunnier as week progresses.
Since Tim and Sam can't come (too bad), Theresa and Geoff have offered to do their breakfast. We can pick up/bring the sundries we'll need. (we as in whoever is in Kelowna before we go).
Richard has the time off, and has saved email saying that, just in case. If they put him on the schedule, he should just not look ahead on the schedule and not answer the phone.
OK, am going to clean now.
Theresa, I'm glad your eye is OK.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Doesn't housework count as exercise?

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home