Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Weekend in TO

it went by quickly, I was planning on working for part of it, but could not bring myself to open my lap top. Saturday morning I walked from my hotel to the Royal Ontario Museum, took about half an hour. It was not really warm, and I passed by the Ontario Legislature. The museum was really good, and not too crowded, another bonus. After the museum, I took a walk down Bloor street, with all the chichi shops. I stopped at a Winners, picked up a few things and then waltzed into Holt Renfrew with my Winners bag proudly displayed, thinking ha, I got it for less. sunday morning I met my friend Siobhan for breakfast, in an area called the Beaches. I took the streecar there, I really like the public transit here, it is very frequent and does not take long to go any where I want to get to. Siobhan lives in the beaches area, and also gre up there, so we walked along the beach to her house, and she drove me back to the hotel, and gave me a tour of the area. Rminded me of driving with Dad, as he gave the visitors the tour in the Dodge.

My birthday was fine, pretty low key, and thank you to everyone who emailed, texted and posted on my wall, it is lovely to be remembered. We had a team dinner (IBM project team and the client resources) so I had dinner out on my Bday, paid for by the client and IBM.

I am getting very excited about travelling to Rocky, Kelowna and the Shushwap, can't believe we get on the boat in less than a week. Sad to hear that Tim and Sam won't make it, but we will have to sing extra loud to make up for the smaller numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home