Monday, July 14, 2008

Another Week Gone



The happy crew aboard the Minto Ellen.

As most of you know I spent the weekend in TO. I was feeling kind of anti social, so it worked out pretty well, since I don't know too many people here, did not feel I had to call anyone. On Saturday morning, I walked across the street to City Hall, where there was a big art Festival, about 500 vendors, with almost every type of art you could imagine, jewelery, paintings, mixed media, photos, pottery, ceramics etc. I finally had to leave after a couple of hours because I was not sure I could put anything more on my Mastercard, I wanted to buy everything!! The trip to TO from Kelowna was good, I tried the new scanner thing to get through security, mostly because there was no line up there. I love direct flights. Weather has been pretty hot and humid, I find it hard to get used to. Yesterday I hung out at the hotel pool, it was very relaxing, but no matter how hard I try I always miss a spot with my sunscreen, so end up with some red. I also took a walk down to the Harbour, lots of people there.

A few more days here, then off to Vancouver for the reunion. Looking forward to it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Good thing you got your antisocial weekend over, since you will be around relatives (most of who you don't even know) next weekend and then we arrive on your doorstep the one after that. Of course, you don't have to be nice to us. Have you made it to the shoe museum yet?

6:51 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

You are the easiest guests to have, so I am not worried about you, you understand when I lock myslef in my bedroom. Have not gotten to the shoe museum, but have a couple of weekends coming up in TO, so I am sure by the end of the summer, I will have that check off my list of things to do.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I love that picture so much! Such a good vacation.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Too much plane time makes the Sivak antisocial. Isn't that an old Yiddish saying? Maybe it's "too much time in smoggy city"?

Anyhow -- folk fest will be tons of fun. I am looking forward to it!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home