Monday, January 07, 2008

Ho Hum

Really, nothing at all to say. There usually isn't in January, unless you're Mom with a birthday!
It's cold here.
I said to the team leader toady that since I have no appts booked in mid-end Feb, perhaps that would be a good time to wrap things up. She thought I was there until March. Nope, just until end of Feb., and earlier if I can manage that.
I also sent an email to my boss on the unit with that idea, hoping he will concur and then I will be gone! After all, I'm just on loan.
Richard organized 1) all the kitchen cupboards 2) dining room hutch. 3) drawer in office where we kept shoving wrapping paper etc. It is good to have these things organized. Kitchen makes more sense now too.
I went to Sweeney Todd matinée on Sun. Richard was not interested after I said it was a horror musical. I am actually not a fan of musicals, but I did like this a lot.
I got 4(!) good books today from the library after requesting them. well, actually, 3 , I think the 3rd won't be all that great. I went to the New York Times and Globe and Mail websites and requested 'best books' from various years. I think I'm on hold for about 10 more. Allison said she always has about 25 items requested which i think is good policy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

What are the four books? Who has read a good one lately?

7:39 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

The books are:
The Known World -which i actually have already read-I believe I borrowed it form you theresa
Falling Through the Earth
A Swift Pure Cry
Reunion in Barsolai

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home