Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Hi from ontario, with no cabbage rolls

I am sitting here, drinking coffee and going to go over to Gerry and Dorothy's for a turkey sandwich. They took the carcass home.
Richard just asked suspiciously, "what things are you writing about my family?" "Nothing" I replied. Internally, I said "Just thinking them"
No, actually, dinner et al went well. Many compliments on my stuffing, thank you Mom! Except, our turkey sandwiches will be without stuffing as Henry (!) took it home with him!? We plan to stop by on our way to the parents and retrieve some.
I think some people are confused about my choice of nursing specialization. Though G&D were tres surprised to hear that 25% of the population has some form of mental health issue. i should have said "And about 80% of my family...notice the Effexor in the bathroom? and by the way, there may be a few issues in this side of the family too...notice any mood swings?" i plan to spread the word of accurate mental health information wherever I go.
Supper was fun, though I became very concerned that when I carved the turkey, the area next to the bone was a disconcerting pinkish colour. Eek, do I throw the thing back in the oven, partly carved? Would we really get ill? Didn't the thermometer read 180 degrees? Didn't I cook it for longer than was suggested? I took a chance and quietly continued carving. So far, no illness.
We are going skiing tomorrow, which will be fun, with Bill, Nathan, Joshua, and Matthew.
Tonight we are going for supper at The Keg with Henry, Jenny, Shelby, Laura, and Jeff.
It has been good, but i do miss all of you and wish we could be there too. we had no cabbage rolls for supper.
All our gifts were superlative and we thank all of you!!! It is good to live in such a thoughtful family.
We love you all and miss you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

You should get your expert to make cabbage rolls for New Year's.

9:21 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Now that's a capital idea!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home