Tuesday, January 01, 2008

the new year of 2008

Happy new year to all!

Another year has passed with unbelievable speed - seems like only weeks since last new years day.
I had a good trek to GP, and a very nice time with Laura et al - good company, good food and good gifts - what more can one ask for? Well, warmer weather, I guess. Of course as always the best part of going away is coming home. Clem was glad to see me - only scolded for about 2 hours, then snuggled up. Met L & R in the airport in Calgary - our planes got in at the same time - so that was great.
Happy to hear that the swarming was a success and that a good time was had by all - i don't know what is going on with this posting - maybe its the big font, but chunks seem to be missing, well maybe you'all can decode it.
Anyway just wanted to send greetings - am off to the Wensinks for dinner today

4 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

And the same to you, Mom!! I had company for dinner yesterday, Kirsten Wurman, Al, Will and Jesse, Todd was not able to come, because he got an infection in his foot, and ended up in emergency on New Years eve. Allison said he was OK, but neede to get antibiotics pumped into him. If he did not want to come over he should have just said so, no need to get sick. I made a pork roast, and it turned out to be just emough for the 5 of us, without too much left over. We had a good visit and everyone left around 3:30, Will and Jesse to get to the airport. I was supposed to work on the 31, but in the end decided I wanted another day off, so did not go in, or work from home. Must have been the fun time in Rocky, needed a little more down time. Anyway Happy New Year to everyone.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Happy New Year from here too! Our New Year's eve wasn't too exciting. The kids were both out, Geoff and I went to the service at the church then he played free cell and I watched the last Sopranos episode. I think I was brushing my teeth at midnight.
Jude, did you stay in your pjs all day Sunday?

6:49 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

We went to some friends. And were sober while others around us got intoxicated. I did have 3 glasses of wine but over 6 hours.
Back to work today, but was an easy day, quiet. and everyone in the office figures that there is not much point in doing much as it feels like the festive season still. I took a long afternoon coffee break.
We bought a new armoire for TV...and now have to buy new TV since we got such a good deal on it.
TV's have changed a lot in the last 15 years.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Yes, Sunday was a total PJ day. After I said goodbye to you, I basically lounged around for the rest of the day. It was great. I did not even get to midnight on New Years Eve, and I must have been very out of it, I did not hear the fireworks go off at midnight.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home