Wednesday, December 19, 2007

free at last

All the wayward employees from work are back, so now I have a few minutes of free time. Things went well when we were short staffed, it's just that when you are responsible, you worry. You worry if you are a Sivak.
Busy at work and busy at Christmastime. Thank goodness for a little extra help. We went out and got the tree on Sunday but had to fit the trip between church and leaving for a hockey game in Warburg. But we found a nice one, Grace cut it down and dragged it to the truck while I supervised and Geoff waited. Grace and I will be putting it up tonight.
Geoff is in Edmonton to do some shopping. He was going to see if Al needed a hand with her new place but she said she is not doing anything until after the holiday. A wise decision. Today is her moving day. Can't wait to see it after Christmas.
Grace and Jovita went to Red Deer by themselves a couple of weeks ago! I told Will I thought you had to be 30 to do that. He laughed at me.
Grace's boss is going to be away for a couple of weeks so she and her co-workers are running the theatre in his absence. Sometimes I think our whole society is being run by 17-year-olds.

4 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

What busy folks you all are in Rocky - I'm thinking that if a girl is old and responsible enough to run a movie theatre at 17, she is certainly able to go to RD sans parents! I remember how hard it was to recognize that a 17 yr old is really a young adult - other peoples maybe, but not mine!
Its nice that you're going to Als housewarming - wish I could be there to see the new digs, but thats the way it goes. Geoff is such a great guy to offer help in her move.
There isn't much new here - am still dragging around without much purpose, but expect that the week in GP will cheer me up. It will be good to see everyone there as well as Jim and hopefully Ed and Rose. Martin Savage and family are goig to be there on Sun so that will be a treat - haven't seen him since he was 15.
We had a bit of snow yesterdAY so its white instead of grey and brown and think I'll go out and shovel - haven't had to do it often - my neighbors usually beat me to it

9:18 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Mom, you have the best neighbors, excluding the jerk of course.

I remember when I was 17, Mom and Dad let me drive to Edmonton with Karen. Did you worry about me Mom?

Had a nice dinner last night with Geoff and Jim (from Rocky, not Sivak). We had Italian at the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen, very yummy.

Have had 3 nights in a row, that have been a little late, so it makes getting up at 5, very painful, this morning I stayed in bed until the last possible moment, I have 6:00 am con calls everyday this week, so can't even come in a little later.

I went Kirsten's with Allison on Sunday for an advent party, we sang some carols and had some good food. Isaac (Kirsten's son)baked some cookies and blondies, and there was gluhwine, and cheese and other stuff, quite good. I made cornflake cookies and brought them, could not find any Mackintosh's Toffee, so made do with Werthers caramels, and they turned out quite nicely, even if I do say so myself.

Al and Sam came over for supper on Monday night, and we had lamb, and a good visit.

All of the parcels that have to be sent away have gone, so just have to wrap the gifts I am taking to Rocky. I feel much more organized this year than last year, which makes me feel very good.

10:53 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

What is Gluewine? It sounds dangerous

6:31 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

It is a mulled wine, very tasty.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home