Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happy days at our house- the tree is up, untouched by my hands, as Th and Gr did it all, from selecting/cutting to erecting/decorating it. The tree looks good. For some reason putting the tree up has always been a sourch of stress fo me. May have something to do with the time the tree fell over on me, but more likely a throwback to my fathers' perfectionism that I think I have to live up to. Th was making cornflake cookies when we got home last night using Daphne toffee- very tasty.Werthers toffee also works well to as Jude has proven. I have a bit oif running around to do today, but it is good to be relaxed going into the holidays. The weather has been very good, with the temp hovering just below freezing, and no new snow to contend with. The roads/streets are pretty much bare so driving is easy (except in "idiot driver" Edmonton). Sam tells me that red light running in Edm is common, and pedestrians just learn to dodge. I find that Edmontom traffic is getting to be more and more like Calgary, where people have always been in a big rush.
Glad to be back safely

1 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

It doesn't seem like Christmas till the tree is up, the lights are on and the smell of baking is in the air - so, it doesnt seem like it here at all - thats what happens when you go away - but am sure it will all come flooding in in GP.
The weather here has been pretty warm till last night when there was a heavy frost - it means ice on the streets and even sidewalks but the good thing is its sunny and still enough snow to look pretty.
Everyone here leaves tomorrow - l and r in the pm and me in the am. so they are bringing their parcels over tonite (and having supper). the crabby cat is being sat by Lexie who loves animals but cant make much headway with Clem. Glad you had a good trip to the city Geoff. It is a madhouse isn't it?

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home