Sunday, December 02, 2007

it's cold out

We went to the Parade of Lights last night. It was very cool on a couple of different levels. We all had numb toes when we got home, but the parade was very good. I am always surprised at all the companies that put a lot of effort into floats. The Mountaineer put one in this year, so some of us spent a couple of evenings last week decorating it. It's harder than you would think.
We were supposed to go to a hockey game at Warburg today but it got rescheduled so we had an unexpected free Sunday. A little gift.
Grace applied for the U of A yesterday.
I'm feeling as if I should be panicking about Christmas shopping, but I am just kind of panicking about not being panicked. Must get going on the shopping. We sent Anne's parcel last week. Talked to her on the weekend and she sounds as if she is doing well. She feels she did the right thing in going to school.
It's cold out and we finally got snow.
The office manager at work has had surgery so we are busy scrambling to fill in the gaps during the busiest time of year at the paper. The advertising manager goes on holidays next week and the week after someone else in the office goes away for a week. It will certainly make the time fly.

3 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I would like to go to the Parade of Lights one year. I have sorels, so I'm prepared

8:05 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I am not sure you are Lisa, just thinking about the clothes you bring, and wear in Alberta in summer time, you may need a fully insulated snow suit!! it is cold here too, and some snow today. I put my lights up on Sunday, should have taken my own advice and done it when the weather was good. My timer is working like a charm. I had a friend come over on Saturday night, to look at slides from Australia. Pat and her family are going in December. It made me wish I could go again, I had forgotten how much I did while I was there.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Everyone will be getting Christmas presents from me sometime in February. I thought it was busy before, but I was wrong. BUSY. ugh. Will try to do some Christmas shopping soon, though.

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home