Saturday, October 20, 2007

update

We're off to the city tomorrow to stay at Jude's and go to Auntie Thelma's memorial service. I wonder how all the Robins are doing. A hard time.
Jude is having Sam and Uncle George and Auntie Kay for supper tomorrow. It will be good to see them and Mom and catch up.
We are having our pretty nice fall weather now, although it rained last night. It's been a bit cool at night, so it could easily have been snow. We've still got leaves to clean up, so I'm glad we have a grace period for that. Our birch tree gets its leaves later in the spring but they stay longer in the fall than other birch trees around here. It was beautiful for a couple of weeks; when you looked out the front window it was like a curtain of gold out there.
It seems as if Thanksgiving was a long time ago, not just 2 weeks. Jude and Sam were here. On the Sunday we put the turkey in the oven then went out to the lake to clean some stuff up before the park people did their fall inspection. Jude and I piled wood then went for a walk, a perfect fall afternoon. Then when we got home we got to smell the turkey cooking. Tim came over for supper and we watched slides after. A nice family day.
This is not a very exciting update. But that's how I like my life, unexciting. I could even take some boredom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

ps I forgot, there is something exciting. There is lots of activity across the street at Auntie Nell's. All kinds of equipment has been there all week digging an huge hole in the ground to put services in for the townhouses that are going there. I keep thinking how excited the boys used to get about big equipment when they were little. Maybe not just little ones, Geoff is over there right now checking out the site. And not just little boys, Grace is with him.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Will said...

I'll never forget how excieted Tim and I were when they tore down the House-across-the-street to build the Louxe's place. Tim and I spent all day watching.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home