Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sunny Day

It is lovely outside. I went jogging, then did some fall clean up. There is still a lot of clean up left. We will have a lot of compost. Even though they look unatttractive I am leaving the sunflowers up for the birds. Even if it feels like I am leaving all our dirty dishes out in the front yard.
I am excited to be in Edmonton next week and see everyone! I'd like to go for breakfast at Zuppa's and have cinnamon french toast! I am happy that you will be in town Jude, and not working. Edmonton is not the same without you in it!
It sounds like Thelma's service was nice and that though it was sad circumstances, that it was good to see everyone again. I love living in the Okanagan, but wish there was more family living closer. Could some of you move closer? We'd move there, but really, our weather is a lot better.
I am sort of offered the opportunity to work full time in community. Sort of, because the manager of psychiatry was just asking at this point if I'd be interested in working with a community team that works with people with mental illness and mental disabilities. they are very short of nurses and the head of mental health was asking the managers if there was any people who would be qualified and interested. i am not sure if I'd interview for it and exactly what the job entails. I presume there would be some sort of interview. i do know that it is M-F, need a vehicle, and that I'd be doing a lot of assessments. I think at this point it is a temporary position, but would obviously become a permanent position, and I could apply when it is posted. they have already posted for it, but either didn't get enough response or not qualified candidates. So, am not sure. Strangely, I do prefer shift work as I like having longer hours with more days off. And it would mean probably going into a somewhat chaotic environment as they are short staffed with much political stuff happening. But it is obviously full time position, with good experience. My manager is checking out whether my seniority will transfer back and forth between community and hospital, because though it is all Interior Health, if you're casual, it doesn't transfer. Stupid. So, am considering my options here.

10 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

To add to Lisa's comments - am safely,thankfully and wearily home - the trip was draining - such a sad time plus Stan's thing - however he seems to be under control for the time being and Bill seems to be dealing (a really good support system helps) so left with a clear conscience. My flight was early so was home by 12:30 - it was great Al was ble to take me to the AP. We got her last minute thing done ok, Jude but it was good I was with her as hse needed me and my id. But as Ma Wilder said - all's well that ends well. It was good to see the Sivaks, as well as T and G and S, J and A and also the MH Robins. Came home to sunshine, but not quite as warm as Edm. Off to the Dr tomorrow and then back to normal.Love to all

5:46 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I have an interview thing on either Thursday or Friday about this position. What am i doing?!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Looking forward to seeing you Lisa, I hope the nice weather lasts and it is sunny and warm while you are here, but traditionally, we get snow on the 31 of October. I am back in the office today, and I am getting my new laptop (I was having troubles with the old one) so that is exciting to me. I still feel a bit blah myself, not sure if it is the aftermath of the weekend, or just pms'ing. Might go for a long walk tonight, that should help. Saw a note in the mailroom at the condo, sounds like we have new caretakers hired, so T&G you have some ones to meet the next time you come to visit. Good luck with the interview Lisa.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Just because you have an interview doesn't mean you have made a commitment to the new job. You still have options.
It was a nice time in Edmonton despite the reason. I think A. Thelma was getting ready for the whole thing ahead of time. My evidence: the urn, the powerpoint all prepared.
It was great to see all cousins, esp the Fred Robins bunch, first and second cousins both.
It was too bad about Uncle Stan but I was glad I was able to visit him. I sure hope he takes what the doctor said seriously and that the new apt works out.

3:41 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Just had a call from Stan and he is home - they needed the bed. A strict diet (along with the warnings), meds and weekly visits as an out patient. Says he's feeling weak but ok

6:01 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

The Urn....

10:45 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Lisa, can you give us a description of the Urn? We were not sure if it was the same one, and don't want to wait until Uncle Bill goes, to see if they matched.

11:17 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Well, from what I recall...It was ceramic with a bouquet of flowers on It. Green? Blue?

2:08 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

The one at the service was a pale colour with flowers painted on it. It was quite nice.

11:35 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yup, pretty sure that's the one. Allison was there when she showed it to us. And Mom.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home