Sunday, October 28, 2007

Feeling Good about technology

Why you ask? because I just set up my wireless network, after it was on my to do list for about 3 months. I successfully connected my home laptop and my new work laptop. It makes me so happy when things work. Now I am sitting in my living room, writing to you all, and visitors are invited to bring their laptops and use my new network.
Looking forward to all the vsistors this weekend, quite the month for people travelling to Edmonton to visit, it is really nice to see everyone without leaving home.
I had a guy come in from the flooring company (sent by the insurance company) to look at the parquet. Apparently it is toast. You cannot just glue down the pieces, so have to get a whole new floor, from the front door to my room. And they do not make the parquet the same size any more, so I am thinking about a new kind of covering. Any one got any suggestions? The floor guy said that they have a lot of selection, and made the suggestion of slate.
Went to the Dr. for my annual physical last week, and my blood pressure was through the roof, but that was only in the office. When I take it at home it is very good, so I have the white coat syndrome in spades. Kind of weird, because I have been seeing my Dr. for 5 years now, and I really like her, and feel comfortable seeing her. Mom I blame you for this, clearly you did not take us to the Dr. enough when we were kids, so I could feel really comfortable with them.

7 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

Oh yah - it's always the mothers fault!
don' you know if you had not been so healthy that there would have been some reason for dr's visits - hah! On the other hand you are a technological whiz - and that's for sure not my doing! Sounds like a very busy weekend again - wish I were there.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I did meant to contact you personally, Jude. I think we will come Friday night. I don't suppose we will have any free weekends from then until April when hockey ends, so if you can put up with us one more time you will be free.
Have you though about hardwood? What about the living room - do you get new carpet?

11:10 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

What about cork flooring? Or bamboo? I think bamboo is environmentally friendly. And is the new in-style flooring.

7:39 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Was that Lisa talking about being "environmentally friendly"?! I think she's about to loose her enviro friendly status as she just finished asking me if she should take the car or truck to the hospital tomorrow. That was followed by... should I take the car or truck to the airport on Wednesday. So much for taking her bike to work and carpooling to the airport via the airporter! O.k. well I'm likely as bad (or worse).

Hope you guys all have a great visit in Edmonton! Kinda bummed that I won't be there especially since we won't be there at Christmas this year. I think I'm going to take the truck up into the hills and go camping for a night or two this weekend as I have 3 exams and two quizzes this week...it will be a nice way to de-stress once everything is done!

Richard

9:22 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Friday night sounds fine, do you want to go out for supper after you get here, or will you eat before you come? I am always happy to go out, as you well know. No new carpet, just replacement of the underlay, and then they will put it back together again. I don't think I can have hardwood, but cork might be an option. Have to check with the condo board to see what they don't allow.
Richard good luck with your school stuff, getting away for a couple of days sounds nice. but it is too bad that you cannot come for a visit as well.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Cork is supposed to be super nice and very comfortable on the feet...

We should talk about dinner / etc. for weekend. My friend Kirsten & her son Isaac would like to go for Ethiopian food if Lisa & Jude are up for it -- we could go Thursday?

4:59 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Jude, re the name of Dr Nutting- was that not the name of the dr who attended Baba and grandpa Sivak as well as grandpa Robins their last few years?
Have also heard that cork is great on the feet as well as not being as cold as slate or hardwood

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home