Friday, August 24, 2007

I hate moving, but....

Mom and dad, I'm not sure if you are checking email on the road, so I will blog to you instead. I'd like to go down to Rocky and take the truck tomorrow if it's okay, and bring it to Edmonton for the week. Couldn't get ahold of Sam or Tim to ask if they have the keys. Then I can do a lot of moving in the evenings next week, as it turns out I'm supposed to be out by NOON on the 31st, which I didn't realize. Ugh.

I had a house-cooling party last weekend. The idea is that it's much like a house-warming party, except instead of bringing presents you have to take something away. No one really did except Allison, but it was still fun. I have a huge pile of stuff to get rid of this time around. I'm really trying to pare things down. I feel quite virtuous.

In other news, I heard that my visa is done and on its way! I was quite worried as my Working Holiday Visa took six weeks to get back. My Student Visa, however, seems to have taken them three DAYS. I am very happy and will be glad to have my passport back.

Ugh, too much to do in three weeks.... but at least the main things are now mostly on track.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I'm sure there is no problem taking the truck. I am assuming that you will leave the car for Sam to use. The keys are usually sitting on the table at the front door.
We have been checking e-mail.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Do you have Sam's cell phone number? He doesn't usually answer the house phone if we're not there. I'll e-mail it to you.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I thought I did have his cell. Hard to tell as I was greeted only by a few bars of music. At any rate, I left a message but haven't heard back.

And yes, I'll leave the car if Sam wants it. Thanks! If I have a few days to move it will be less stressful (whether I thrive on it or not, I can do with a wee bit less stress in my life!)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Good news on the visa Anne, see everything is coming together.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home