Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Odds and Ends

Well, not much is going on, but thought I'd ramble on (though not Led Zeppelin style). I just finished a set of 4. Which other than the 1st day went fine actually. It was less than stellar. I left feeling like, I'm a terrible nurse. However, by the end of the set I felt like I was somewhat better. Still, am looking forward to being off for 11 days and going to Folk Fest! And being paid even when I feel like a loser is a whole lot better than not getting paid and feeling like a loser. Like last summer on the floor from hell. Regardless, I still sure like working on psychiatry. And working on a stat and getting paid double time is really quite super fantastic. Still, I don't think it is the time yet to lower my Effexor dose. I said that to Richard and he quietly agreed.
Richard and I went canoing last week. I think there should be some sort of law limiting the size of house you have according to the number of people living there. We went out past Bertram Creek Park, which is where we all went one summer for Richard's birthday, out at the end of Lakeshore Rd. And some of these enormous houses were appallingly ugly. Money does not buy you taste. (she said acerbically)
We'd like to go camping some more too. A couple weeks ago we went up to the Shuswap for a few days, but haven't gone other than that. The campground was full, and I mean full, of young children. We ate the bad ones bar-b-qued for supper. It cut down a lot on the whining.
Hmmm, what else is new? Nothing really. Sue Robins and husband will be at Folk Fest, so we thought we'd meet in the beer tent at 9 pm, Friday. For all who would like to come.
Richard is still puttering away doing stuff around the house. I think he is looking relaxed and recovered form school.
Speaking of which, it is hard to believe that I don't have to go back in the fall. Doesn't it kind of seem like there is always someone in the family going to school?

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Hey: we are also to meet Kirsten & her family in the beer tent at 7:30pm...hmmm...maybe I should get her to shift this til 9pm?

2:55 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

It seems like everyone was laying low and now suddenly things are happening. Lots of travellers among us. I'm looking forward to Folk Festv even though Sam isn't coming. A stick in the mud.

3:18 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I am starting to question whether he likes us or not. Don't answer this Sam, perhaps I can't handle the truth

4:53 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm glad you developed your taste for barbecued kids after mine grew up.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home