Saturday, August 11, 2007

I wish I was at folk fest

Well, we made it back from California. After reading all the facebook stuff, and emails from Mom and Dad, and the posts on the blog, I really wish I was at folkfest. We had to rush back from Cali because one of the girls has a wedding tommorow to go to, so we drove all day yesterday, and all day today. I did quite a bit of the driving, so I'm fairly worn out at the moment. I sort of wish that we could have had longer, but it will be nice to have a day before going back to work. The trip was great though- I loved San Francisco, just loved it. LA was good too, but we didn't see much of the city beyond Rodeo drive (the girls went shopping). We spent quite a bit of time on the beach, leading to a sunburn for me, and a minor case of heatstroke, which three hours of shivering in the tent seemed to clear up. It was my first trip to the states, and I was not disapointed. Flags and blatent religiosity everywhere. I think my favorite thing was a bumper sticker we saw today that said "boycott France!" I hope folkfest is fun!

7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I wish you could have been there too. It was fun and good to be together. We missed you, Sam and Laura. Next year!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I wish you could have been there too. It was fun and good to be together. We missed you, Sam and Laura. Next year!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Oops don't know how that got on twice. Also wanted to add that it was nice to share the tarp with Ty and Liam, they helped to fill the gaps of the missing. Especially Liam, if he had stretched out he would probably have been the width of the tarp.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

It was not the same, getting up in the morning to line up without you, Will. We talked Grace into coming on Sunday morning, and she thought it was a lot of fun, so is ready to join the early morning crew in future years. I agree with Theresa about Ty and Liam. Sadly there have been no calls from the FF office to say I had won the golden tarp, so will have to try again next year.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Didn't you stay till the end Sunday? I didn't get a call either.
Tim says he thinks Ty is hooked on FF. And I'm glad Grace liked the morning shift, since we have to get the younger generation into the organization.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

No, my sting was hurting, and I was feeling tired, so did not stay. I was probably home before you were, left around 8:00, caught a cab and home by 8:10. Got caught up on the two acts I missed from Anne, Allison and Lisa, heard that Buffy did not do her one big hit, so felt as though I did not miss much. Although I do like the finale with 4 Strong Winds, and singing and swaying. I have seen Michael Franti twice, once in Calgary and once in Edmonton, so did not mind missing him too much either.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Next year I will probably be gone. Sighhhhhhh... I hate missing Folk Fest. Liam and I stayed for Four Strong Winds after everyone else wimped out. Buffy was good but her set got cut short, which sucked a bit. Maybe I WILL try to make it back for FF next year.... we will see.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home