Tuesday, August 21, 2007

DNA Results

Here is the information from the mitochondrial dna, we are a part of the haplogroup J. Here is the link to the website DNA Results. I will send you the code through email so you can look yourself at the results. I heard from Jim, and he has submitted his DNA, as well, so that will tell us about Dad's side of the family once he gets his results back. I also registered to share the information with the project, so as they get more information, the results will update. I also registed with the other group Family Tree DNA, and they will email if our DNA matches someone else that is registered. So that is pretty cool as well. We may find a bunch of relatives we did not know existed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Wow, that is so neat! It will be even more interesting when they've got more data and are able to pinpoint things more closely. Thanks Jude!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

So cool... I can't wait to tell George that we are from Africa. Oh, right! I do have to wait. Because we need to know JIM'S.

4:48 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

This DNA thing really sounds fascinating - can't wait to see results and to find extended family tree - where do you think we'll be from, besides Africa which I suppose everyone starts out. A great idea Judith

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home