Thursday, April 26, 2007

I was a hooker today!

I had my first rugby game yesterday and I survived!! It was actually
really fun, besides the fact that I really didn't know where I was
supposed to be all the time, except when there was a scrum. Since I
play prop, I was right at the front of the scrum running right into a
really big girl. She was not easy to move. We did pretty good
considering it was our first game, and about 50% of our team had never
played in a real rugby game before. I am really sore now, and covered
in bruises and scrapes, but I really had fun. I didn't feel like I was
doing much, but people who were watching said that I made some good
tackles, so I must have been doing something. A lot of the time I was kind of scared to tackle, but I think I should be able to do better as I play more games. At practice today I got to be a hooker. It was really fun because my two props were this really tall girl and one of the coaches who is really big, so when they stood up straight, I was lifted right into the air. It was cool until my armsjust about gave out from holding on to them.

Not much else is new. I have a tournament on Sat. in Calgary,
so I am excited about that. School and work are both going well. My
friend Scott just got back from an exchange trip in France, and he
brought back French jelly beans. They are really good. Except if you
eat more than one at once, they sort of taste like hairspray. It's
weird.

I will post about how the tournament this weekend goes, providing I am still living.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sam F said...

Just between you and me, you may want to be careful how you phrase your title statement when chatting with others.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Rugby is a very strange game. All the parents at Grace's first game were trying to figure out what was going on to no avail. Why do they stand on each other's shoulders and sort of kick the ball aroung? I asked Grace the final score and she said, "A lot to not much."

11:09 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hmmm, I've always kinda wanted to try rugby. All that shoving looks like fun.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Just to clear things up, the score was a lot to zero. And the shoving is really fun, except when you get shoved down and your face gets stepped upon with cleats.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

It almost sounds like you are speaking another language, not english at all. and just in case you don't read my other comment, Grace, what do you think we should make for supper. Lisa, are we supposed to bring the stuff for supper, breakfast etc, or will we go shopping in Osoyoos?

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home