Sunday, January 21, 2007

Family Ramblings

One of the nicest things about the holiday season is the post Christmas bundle of letters from Rocky. It's just so nice to get "landmail" from everyone and as you all write great letters full of news , I look forward to this each year.



sam, did you write your provincials yet - expect so - how did it go? Am glad you were happy with the joint gift. Before grandpa and I were married (in about 1951 or 52) I got a Bay blanket coat and wore it for years and when it was about 20 years old, your Mom nicked it and she wore it for a long time too - does she remember this? It didn't make it to the heirloom stage but certainly collectable!



It has finally quit snowing and warmed up a bit. We have a lot of snow, which I don't like much, but the ice and wind have really been annoying as they sort of limit my activities - had appts at the dentist and eye dr last week and it was awful getting around, altho I think the bus was the best way to travel. Lisa had classes cancelled on 2 days because of the weather - I didn't mind pointing out that kindergarten was not cancelled! Some of the neighbors have gotten stuck on the street - Ritchie Ct is not on the priority list for clearing and sanding , still there is a 10 foot high pile of snow in the middle of the circle. It has been years since we've had a winter like this.

Lisa and Richard are coming for lunch (she's working this afternoon and evening) so had best get organized here.

Love to all - Mom/grandmaFamily Ramblings

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Yes, Mom, I remember that coat. It was very warm. It's funny, when Geoff and Betty Anne were cleaning out Daphne's basement they found two Hudson's Bay coats, red one, that Gram B had made out of actual blankets. We have one in the front closet and Grace wears it sometimes as well as Geoff when he goes out to start his truck in the mornings.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I mean of course that Geoff also wears the coat, not that Grace wears Geoff.

2:08 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Oh, darn - had a vision of Geoff rushing outside wearing Grace like a mink stole around his shoulders

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least Grace would be making herself useful.

I thought I'd nabbed one of those Hudson's Bay coats (in fact I know I did) but don't know where it ended up. I still want it though!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Sam F said...

I have finished my exams. Physics went badly (as expected) but Chemistry seems to have been easier. Of course, I won't know my marks for 3-4 weeks.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home