Friday, November 03, 2006

Should be writing

But I'm not!

I seem to have recovered from my earlier school breakdown. I hate feeling crabby. Well, not all the time, sometimes it's satisfying to be crabby, but not for any longer than an hour or 2. Plus as Lucy notes in the comic strip I have on the fridge, being crabby makes you hungry. I have been eating waaayyyy too many sweet things, an indication that I was tired and irritable.

Richard and I are planning on going to the hotsprings during reading week. Yay! Either Nakusp or Ainsworth. Nakusp is closer, but haven't been to Ainsworth for several years.

He is enjoying his classes and is past the midsemester weeks of hell. We managed to go out for a walk down the Mission creek Greenway a couple days ago as we both had the afternoon off. It was a beautiful fall day. Sunny, trees all golden, blue sky, pleasantly cool. Then it snowed yesterday, which I like, but still have a pile of leaves that need to be composted. It's melting today.

Mom is doing fine, though still tired. (just in case you don't believe her post and think she is putting on a brave face) I kind of feel that I let the side down as when she said that she was feeling tired and had heart palpitations I wasn't thinking OK you should go see the Dr. Not that she needed me to say that, right Mom? Then when she was in emerg, I still wasn't thinking really clearly. I don't think it was because of that particular situation, I think it had more to do with my general feeling of tiredness/crabbiness. Of course, all turned out fine, and Richard was able to think clearly for the 2 of us.

Classes are fine, though 1 in particular is becoming extremely irritating. It is a shame as it is actually a class that I normally like a lot (Self and Others), and I do like the prof, as I had him last year for another. However, he seems to not know what the 'H E double hockey sticks' (that's for you Theresa & Judith) he's doing in this class. We sit there for 3 hours and at the end of it, I have no more knowledge/insight than I did at the beginning. Plus there is a weird undercurrent in the class, with him telling us way too much personal stuff about his relationships and I feel like somehow he is exposing his emotional baggage. The whole thing is uncomfortable and I would like to go to the other prof's classes as I hear she's good. Maybe I'll just do that? As Richard noted, I should be addressing this with him, but how to do it? What do I say? Richard's right, it needs to be addressed, but how do you tell your prof you don't want to hear all this stuff and that he's seemingly clueless?

Suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home