Saturday, November 18, 2006

Family Ramblings

Family Ramblings
Never again will I utter a disparaging word about Geoff's air compressor. We got lots of use out of it while we were laying the new floor. The same goes for all his power tools. He had a tool for every situation we faced. Anyway, the floor is pretty well done except for a bit of edging and looks good. It worked out well that Geoff and I both had a long weekend last week. And the kids were a good help. When Grace and I left Sunday afternoon for a hockey game in Stettler Tim was helping Geoff do the nailing. When we got home 7 hours later Sam was doing the nailing. We are going to leave the tiling until after Christmas. It will probably take till then to get rid of all the dust from the old floor.
Geoff just got home from the craft sale. He did pretty well. He always enjoys being there and chatting with people. He didn't do very well last year but that was when he got that commission for those big pieces he did this summer so actually it did work well. Grace went and helped him all day.
Warm weather yesterday and today. The snow is going.
Theresa

5 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Geoff, strike while the iron is hot! If there is any tool you have been thinking about getting... now is the time!

Richard

5:59 PM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

In spite of Theresa's apparently softning on the purchase of tools, I suspect that it will still be difficult to get many purchases of tools approved by the financial management. I do hold a bit of hope for Christmas/birthdays though.
As Theresa said, the hardwood went reasonably well, and looks good-only Tim and I seem to notice the mistakes.
Some power tools work too well- I took a chunk out of my thumb while trying to manufacture some edge pieces. I found out that table saws do not cut flesh, but rathe tend to rip and shred. I only lost a bit of meat, and not much blood though.
If I had measures and estimated properly, I would have not had to try and make the edges, but could have used the trimmed edge of a full board. We finished the main floor with only a few short boards left to do the edging on the counter and by the door in the dining room. Still have the air compressor in the dining room until I get the rest of the edge pieces made.
Grace is telling her friends that we have an air conpressor in our dining room, and apparently they are quite impressed. Theresa is anxious to get it gone, as she thinks I will not notice it after a few days. I think that she is right, but it looks OK as I see it.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Oh, I don't know - the air compressor could add a certain je ne sais quoi to the dining room!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it big enough to use as a sideboard? Maybe as a footstool? Perhaps with a lovely skip cover it would fit in better...

11:00 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm thinking of a nice chintz.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home