Friday, November 10, 2006

Family Ramblings

To bring you all up to date - went to the doc yesterday and the decision is that I have had a viral infection which seemed to make my whole body go weird. Blood pressure and pulse are both back to normal and the ct scan and last tests showed nothing wrong, our resident expert on all things medical tells me that an infection (viral) can do strange things to all parts of your body. Anyway, I'm to stay on the bp pills for a month then go back to see her - she says I'll probably be able to go off them within a couple of months. So all is well here. Richard and I are going for flu shots today and have an appt with my head and neck guy next week - just a regular checkup. Just one after this and my 5 years will be up. So goes my social life - one medical thing after another. Am just mad that all this happened as it made me forget that I would like to get tickets to hear Bill Clinton speak this evening and take the Wensinks, but so it goes.
Sorry to hear that you are not able to go home this weekend Jude. Know you were looking forward to it and the chocolate weekend. But Alberta would be dull after a place where dead folks run the country !
If you read this Laura - bon voyage, is it Thurs that you are leaving? Happy travels to Wilf and Henry too.Love to all-momFamily Ramblings

6 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Hi Mom -- I am glad that you are okay, and that they could figure this out! It is a relief.

By the way -- I booked my flight to Kelowna for xmas -- Dec 21 to Dec 30.

So can you still get tickets, or are they sold out?

10:22 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I am so glad it was nothing serious! Also glad they have an explanation - mysterious ailments are scary.

Also would like to point out that nobody tells me anything... I found out that chocolate weekend was postponed when Allison mentioned it in passing Wednesday night. Poor poor pitiful me.

12:12 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Indeed poor you, Anne-assume you were planning to go for choc weekend or is it just being left out of the loop that is making you pitiful! I am also glad that it was just an infection. Now , no more self pity for me = back to work. Al, guess you mean tickets for Bill C. They still had some this AM but haven't been able to talk to L and R so will see this afternoon. Thanx for your concern both.

12:23 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

We got tickets to see and hear Bill tonite-I'm so excited! Is anyone jealous?

3:55 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, Richard and I are excited too!! He's supposed to be an excellent speaker.

I won't be wearing a blue dress. Pathetic joke.

4:13 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

We went to sdee and hear Bill and it was excellent - he is such a good speaker, it's like he's talking to you and not the other 5000 who were there and in spite of his questionable morals; his thoughts on world affairs just make a lot of sense. The other star attraction on stage with him for a chit chat was Kelly Hrudey, so for those who are into hockey and not po;itics, something for everyone. We were all glad we went. Lisaand Richard left for Nakusp this AM and will be back Mon. Hope they have no trouble-the roads in the mountains are supposed to be bad, lots of snow but maybe that's just the Coqahalla
Glad you've made your reservations, Al, we are really looking forward to a nice long visit at Xmas

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home