Tuesday, November 14, 2006

home, chipboard, and a new basement

I figured I was long overdue for a post, so here it goes. Yes I made it back from Europe, so thank you to everyone who sent welcoming back posts. It kind of sucks to not be travelling anymore, but on the same stroke it's really nice.... uh, to not be travelling anymore. I think for my next trip, actually I know for my next trip, it will not be a five person expidition. Too many decisions to be made in too short of time to have to get 5 people agreeing. Anyway, I rediscovered that I am the worst sufferer of jet lag on the face of the planet. This actually worked out okay, though, because when I was helping dad remove the chip board in the middle of the afternoon, it felt like the evening, and I was more apt to work. The minute I walked into my house after arriving back in Rocky, my roomate Barry, who I also work with, mentioned that my boss had been snooping around, trying to find out when I landed. Someone spilled the beans, and he wanted to me to work the next day. After spending 23 hours awake, I figured he could go fly a kite. He continued to call me all through the weekend, wanting me to work each day, and when I finally went back to work on the monday, I discovered that the job he had been hounding me to do was not even ready to start. *sigh* I live a hard life.
Anyway, I see that mom had posted the news about my basement being redone. I am really excited about that, and have been spending at least a few minutes a night wandering around down there deciding what I want to do with the place. The contractors said the insurance company will only pay to rebuild what was already there, but there are some electrical and plumbing issues that I am going to attempt to resolve before the walls go back up.
Anyway, in any case it was a cool suprise when I go home, and I will keep everyone informed as to how the renovations proceed

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

So let's hear about the actual TRIP! Where did you go exactly, for one thing?

8:31 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I tried posting this earlier, so will try once again.

What do you want to do with the basement?

10:24 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

heidelburg, lille, paris, rome, venice, zurich.

Anyway, the general plan is to turn it into a suite down there, and move down there myself. That way I can rent out the upstairs as a 3 bedroom suite. Still lots to look into though.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home