Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Nurses + Beer = Gossip

Just came back from a nursing fundraiser. Burger and beer for $10, and $6 went to nursing course union. Who could lose? Plus I got Richard's beer b/c he doesn't drink.

So now am slightly fuzzy. Cheap date. And my throat is sore from shouting.

Bill Clinton was great. He is a charismatic speaker and honestly makes you feel like 'Yes, I can make a difference! Yes, the world will become a better place' Sounds like a nursing course.

Except he is waaayyy more appealing.

Still trying to slog through my courses. Made an appt. to talk with the prof of the course that is driving me slowly insane. Allison told me that I had to be nice. I said 'Why would you think I wouldn't be?' "Because you're mad at him' True I am, but am trying to think of ways to express myself without voicing the "silent scream" "trapped inside me" as one article says and I quoted in class. Though the article referred to feeling that way about being trapped in the healthcare system, I am feeling that way about being trapped inside a Self & Others class.

In other news...Richard and I enjoyed our trip to Nakusp. Weather was cool and rainy, hotsprings were hot and wet. All was well with the world.

Lots o' snow in the mountains. Beautiful, and roads were bare, except for a few slushy sections.

Richard has his new massage table! So, now our spare bedroom is set up as a massage room and we managed to get rid of a bunch of stuff. Win/win as we know I am always happy to declutter. Though it sometimes feels as if we move clutter from 1 area to another. I do know we got rid of some stuff though as there is a pile waiting to go to SHARE and a garbage bag and recycling bags I dragged to alley. I do end up feeling wasteful throwing stuff in the garbage though. I feel much better when I can give it to a 2nd hand store.

Have to give more flu shots tomorrow at the hospital. Last set at extended care went well. Gave lots of needles and the nurse running the clinic is incredibly sweet. She gave me a hug at the end of the day. She's short, round, and very reassuring. If I were sick I'd want her as my RN. Hopefully tomorrow goes just as well. Giving needles is fun. I am surprised how many people have a fear of them. And just so you all know, I got my flu shot too.

had a group meeting to try and finish some projects etc we have to do. Feeling like there is a lot we have to get done. At least I know my group will all contribute and we are all doing our part. Still at this time of year, I feel like shouting, "No I can't possibly take on another thing right now thank you very much" Yes, end of semester. Like mid-semester, but with more urgency.

Richard made breakfast for the group, pannekoeks. With assorted fruit etc. Delicious. We still have a lot of batter to make more pannekoeken. Those Dutch people must be very hearty eaters judging by their recipe quantities. Had usual, pre arrival of people panic. There is no way we could open up a restaurant and stay married.

Luckily I will be a nurse and he a massage therapist. Thank heavens for health care.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giving needles is FUN??

8:18 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Nurses think so. Nurses are scary.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home