Monday, October 09, 2006

Morose

I'm at Mom's writing my essay and spending time with Clem. Who, by the way, has actually been sitting on my lap and purring. I suppose that if stuck with just me, she will deign to like me.
My essay is making me morose. Focussing intensely on someone else's suffering would do that I suppose.

we had a great time yesterday up at Al and Joyce's cabin. It was beautiful out, sunny, blue sky and lake, yellow leaves on the trees contrasting with the green of the conifers.

Her sister, brother and his partner were there. we played horseshoesd. I seem to have found a sport(?) that I do well in. Who knew?

And we played several games of Cranium. the best ones were me havsing to imitate Monica Lewinsky and Richard doign Dances with Wolves. Supper was super. However, i was supposed to make potatoes. Decided to try out a new recipe. Of course, you are never supposed to do this when doing it for others. I ws going to make roasted potatoed and garlic, then mash them. Then I left potatoes in oven too long. Oops.

Richard had to make a quick trip to Safeway to pick up potatoes, which then were made into simple mashed potatoes. Which turned out. though we ended up being a bit late up to the cabin as a result of slight culinary changes. we got back at 1230 last night. Good time had by all.

I shoudl try Cold FX, I've heard it works. this cold ended up being a very minor type, really only a scratchy throat and one night of not sleeping great as a result.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Lisa masquerading as Mom

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I hope Mom doesn't return to find Lisa has taken over her life. She's starting with wooing the cat and appropriating the internet identity.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I thought that morose, did not really sound like Mom.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home