Thursday, October 05, 2006

Unmotivated

I have other things I should be doing, like exercise, schoolwork, laundry, organizing, but instead am sitting here.
Mom went off her her trip on Tuesday and was looking forward to it quite a bit. Especially since she arranged a bunch of stuff over the internet! 21st century Grandma. We are planning on meeting Allison in Newfoundland when she goes for librarian conference in May! Just before my RN exam. I'm excited as I've wanted to go there for a long time. Ever since I read The Shipping News.
I have 2 long scratches on my forearm as I trimmed the cats nails yesterday. All is OK until I get to Sebastian's right front paw, at that point he hisses at me, growls, and does anything he can to escape. They look kind of red, I hope he didn't give me some sort of bacteria clinging to his nails.
In other, school news, I have studied for exam tomorrow which is mostly about globalization, social determinants of health and change theories(don't ask about change theories, it's extreeeemmmmly dull). I feel that the fact that I listen to CBC should pass me in this class and feel annoyed that I have to prove in a test that I get this stuff. I like the class, just don't want the test.
Also, have done more on essay! Still ahven't gotten to the most difficult part of it, but I'm enjoying writing it. Finally, project is going fine. we all alternate between feeling like we don't know what we're doing and it all won't make any difference anyway, to believing that we're on the right track and are making progress. This happened last semester too, community projects are wearing. Being in 4th year makes it feel a bit more wearing though. Like on one hand just wanting to finish, on the other being much more comfortable with the entire concept of learning. It's strange.
Hmmm, what else? Worked an overnight shift again last Friday, so slept a lot on the weekend. we were supposed to go to a party on Saturday, but I ran out of energy. Richard made me a delicious supper---roasted vegetables, tomato soup, pork chops with garlic sauce, roasted potatoes, and orange creme caramel for dessert! Plus made Dutch apple pannekoeks for breakfast on Sunday.
Spoiled. Plus he had to do a project for school and give me a relaxation massage on Friday.
He is liking school for the most part and getting used to it. Except his musculoskeletal class, which he finds difficult. I think he may be getting used to that class now. He was not very happy about his test mark, but he can throw out one exam mark, so that makes it better.
I seem to ahve let go of my need to micromanage his schoolwork. I told him after the first week that if I asked what he needed to do for homework/school that night to tell me not to ask. I just end up taking it on. Thank goodness we didn't have children, what would I be now? unbearable, that's what.
We may go up to some friend's cabin for Thanksgiving. The one we went to with Mom and Al when Al was in town. Just for the day on Sun or Sat. I have to work Fri evening and Mon evening. It'll be beautiful up there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

but Lisa if they don't test you how will they know you listen to CBC?

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home