Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanksgiving

Hope you are all having a good Thanksgiving. It was quiet here yesterday but nice. Jude is here for the weekend and Tim came over for turkey. Now we get to eat leftovers! I almost like them more than the main meal.
Grace had her first hockey game on Saturday in Innisfail so the travelling around central Alberta has begun. They lost. She probably doesn't want me to mention the score or the shots on goal for and against. Let's just say they have some building to do.
We stopped at Costco in Red Deer on the way because they had hardwood flooring on sale. We're going to do the dining room and hallway to the stairs. It worked out to around $3/sq. ft. We were glad to have Jude there to help haul all those boxes of wood. She can be quite helpful.
The weather is beautiful. It was supposed to snow on Friday night, but there was only some rain and the sun has been shining all weekend.
Started my new job last week and it is going OK so far. Some things went wrong with the billing system but not because of what I did. I don't mind working with other people's mistakes, I just hate it when I do things wrong.
Now a lovely day off ahead of me. I think I'll get out into the yard when the sun comes around, we still have carrots and potatoes in the ground.
Lisa, Geoff says you should be taking Cold FX. Mom and Anne, are you going to get a turkey supper?

14 Comments:

Blogger GEOFF said...

Didn't mean to do this twice. Sorry.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

And I didn't mean to sign on as Geoff.

9:06 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Hmm, I sense that there is some identity theft happening here. Does Geoff know that you're impersonating him?

11:39 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

No turkey for me - probably Timmy's again as we are having no luck finding an open grocery store. Grandma had chowder!

Happy Thanksgiving to all... wish I was home, mom (but only a tiny little bit) because I haven't had your pie in SO LONG. Save me a piece!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I just ate your piece.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I wonder when the time will come when the daughters and daughters-in-law will be fighting over who cooks Thanksgiving dinner for me.
"Why do I have to have her? I had her last year?" "Well, it's not my turn." "Why can't she cook her own turkey?"

3:13 PM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

Good to see the high level of security on this BLOG. I would sure hate to have someone posting under the guise of being me.

10:35 PM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

Good to see the high level of security on this BLOG. I would sure hate to have someone posting under the guise of being me.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Now we're not sure if that comment was really from Geoff.

6:44 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, all entries will be viewed with suspicion from now on.
I believe that you may be waiting for a while to have your off spring fighting over who will cook turkey for you.
However, if you come to visit, I will fight off Mom!
She's a wily opponent though, I suspect she'd win.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Mom, you know I'd cook you turkey anytime.

Now can I have some pie?!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Make sure that your Daughters and Daughers in law, and sons, and sons in law, know that if you are invited for turkey, that I need to come too. And I will bring Italian bakery buns for them as my contribution and do the dishes!! And I promised not to cheat when we play games, but only win fairly.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

If you played fairly you probably wouldn't win. We all know about you, Hudith.

7:04 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Jaguars this way!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home