Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Montreal to Rocky

Montreal was fun, we did not have a lot of spare time, but managed to get out and eat at an Iranian Restaurant. It was along Ste Catherine’s, which was close to the hotel. The food tasted a bit like Greek food, I had a stew that had barberries (which tasted kind of like cranberries. The leaves are starting to change in Montreal and from the office I had a great view of Mont Royal, and every day there were more trees turning colour. I was quite surprised at the amount of English spoken there, I did not have to use my high school French at all. I was also surprised at how much I could understand.

After a quick run to the Italian bakery on Saturday morning, I drove to Rocky. We went to see Graces’s first hockey game of the season, unfortunately they lost. But the game was entertaining. And on Sunday, it was time for the big turkey dinner, Theresa outdid herself again, turkey, cabbage rolls and 3 different kinds of pie, yummy. It seemed quiet, compared to other years, but it was a good visit with Theresa, Geoff, Grace. Sam and Tim. After I got home on Monday, I looked out the window, and there are no leaves left on the trees on my street. That seems very early, but maybe I am just not remembering quite right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home