Saturday, January 02, 2016

2015 the year

As everyone else said 2015 started with Mom's birthday party. I really enjoyed seeing everyone and celebrating 85 years. I always enjoy my visits to Kelowna and being stranded was good because then more visiting.  I do enjoy seeing everyone and getting caught up.

I worked all year fulltime at Encana, I thought it was only until they found someone else, but it looks like you don't find someone if you are not looking. Still they are good to me and there is something easier about going to a familiar job everyday. There is always the idea in my head I can leave anytime.

From February to September I made sweaters for a lady, 5 sweaters, four toques and a couple of mittens, it was a big under taking but done now, not sure I would do it again works out to 10 cents an hour lol.

It was good to have Mom and Lisa for Easter, too bad Richard could not make it.

in July back to Kelowna for another visit, good as ever.

August was very busy, folk fest, cruise and Henry and Allyshea bought a condo. It is really nice, but very far out. Almost in St. Albert, pretty easy to get to on the Henday.

I enjoyed the cruise very much, the ship was smaller than the others I have been on and I think I like that better.  Other than seeing everyone I think I enjoyed the whale watching the best. They are pretty amazing animals, so large and so graceful.

This fall we had some medical stuff going on with Wilf, spent more time than I like in emer. Turns out he has Atrial fibulation, and then after that blood thinners which meant another trip because he was peeing blood, so no more blood thinners until they figure that out. It is taking some time but it is getting there.

In december the doctor tells me I have arthritis in my feet, going to see a podiatrist next week.  I went to see a dermatologist for more skin treatments on the precancerous patch on my face.  I am done with docs for a while, i hope.

Christmas was at Henry and Allyshea's it was very nice, quiet and enjoyable. Henry made the turkey and we made cabbage rolls together. I tried cooking them in a crock pot it worked very well. Took a while but  did not take up real estate on the stove or oven.

New years was quiet, I made the fireworks which sounds good but they et them off at 10 here.

I was thinking we should plan a sister's weekend this year. Anyone interested?  Let me know your thoughts.

Happy 2016 to all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I would love a sisters weekend. We could celebrate Allison and Lisa's graduations.

9:29 AM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

I laughed at the comment of knitting for ten cents an hour, it reminded me of my doing stained glass with the idea of a retirement income. Turns out that the financial return is dismal, especially with the investment required. Best to leave hobbies as hobbies, with any orders viewed only as a chance to pursue said hobby.

10:22 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

What about going to radium hot springs for a celebration?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Geoff, I agree, I love knitting but only as a hobby. No pressure then.

I like the idea of Radium hot springs.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Radium sounds good to me.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Would love a few days in Radium.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home