Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas is not over

Because it lasts until Jan. 6. Although many people are done on Boxing Day. I like the week after to enjoy the Christmas feeling without the pre-Christmas busyness.
We had a lovely time even though there were fewer people around than some other years. Grace and Dallyn came before and returned on Boxing Day and Sam was here the whole time. Jude said on Christmas morning that it must be what it is like in Kelowna.
For only four people here there were sure a lot of gifts under the tree. The other Ferreys came over for breakfast so that livened things up. Kane came into the house and said, "I didn't get any coal." After breakfast we played some games, had a Christmas nap then went over to Tim's where there were a couple of wound-up boys to add more excitement to the day. It was so nice to sit in front of the fire after dinner.
We had everyone here on Boxing Day. Played a new game Grace and Dallyn taught us.
At Jude's brilliant suggestion I cooked a turkey on Sunday so we would have leftovers even though it was just us and Sam. Sam left yesterday, Geoff drove him to the bus in Red Deer. I had to work, my co-worker went home sick so I was by myself in the front office but not much was happening there so it was fine. Now I have the rest of the week off. Days off are a benefit of going to work.
Geoff has been searching for a warm holiday for us at the end of the month.

 

1 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

You didn't mention your scarf in your post!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home