Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Weekend in Edmonton

We had our S&B Christmas outing on Sunday so I decided to spend the weekend in Edmonton, Grace and Dallyn graciously let me stay there, though I did not see much of them, as they were out and about and so was I. Before I went I had arranged to see most of my favourite people, so it was a very full visiting schedule.

Got to town around 2 in the afternoon, had a bit of lunch and then got my haircut. As always I felt like a million bucks after that. Allison and I went out for supper, we were going to have Italian food, but the restaurant was closed, kind of weird on a Friday night, but then we went to a Balkan restaurant, which meant shish kebabs, and a banana crepe for dessert. Very tasty. Had a good visit with Allison as well. Saturday I got up and went to George and Kays to see what was new with the other Sivaks. Not a lot, the Cowans will have Christmas in Phoenix, the Carlsons are doing Christmas dinner, Nancy will be in Edmonton for Christmas and Dennis driving for Uber in Phoenix. After that I went over to Henry and Allys to see their new place. It is very nice but a bit of a drive. Laura and Wilf were in town on the weekend as well and Laura was there, so had a good visit with them. Their place is very nice, three bedrooms, a backyard, nice big kitchen, the basement is unfinished, and Henry has plans for that. Then Saturday night supper with Sam and Nancy at a place called Cibo Bistro. Very good visit with them, and it was lovely to see Nancy again, it has been a while since I had last seen her. Sunday the S&B crew went to see Mary Poppins in Sherwood Park. A very fun show, and dinner afterward. Monday morning Grace and I had pancakes at DeDutch, then home again. the weekend was full of good food and good company.

My place feels quite festive, I have a wonderful tree, courtesy of Tim, Court and Grady who got it at the same time as they picked out theirs. Tim and Court also took one of my couches, so there was lots of room for the tree. This year I felt very on top of things and had presents ready in lots of time to make the mail and to not have to pay for expedited delivery. Hurray!

Looking forward to Christmas dinner at The Other Ferreys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

I always enjoy our visits. It was great to see you.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home