Friday, January 01, 2016

The year began with a wonderful surprise. All my girls plus Geoff, Tim and Grady and brother Fred surprised me with an 85th birthday party. They came through blizzards and plane delays so it was a longer visit for some, but difficult travel for all.

In the spring i received a diagnosis of cancer and after many tests had a surgery, which got it all.  There were complications and I needed a 2nd surgery within a week. I always wanted to see a trauma centre,so I did.

Lisa and I travelled to Grande Prairie to spend Easter with Laura and Wilf, which was lovely.

My family's birthday gift to me was an Alaskan cruise. All the kids were there, plus Geoff, Sandi, as an added bonus Anne and Del came from the UK. It was a great gift.

It took a lot longer than I had hoped to recover, so many thanks to Richard and Lisa, Jude and Theresa, Laura and Allison for helping me through recovery. Also Grace and Dallyn for the visit in June.

Richard and Lisa made their annual Ontario trip in October and Jude graciously babysat Sebastian and me. I had a lot of medical stuff when she was here so she hauled me around.

Suddenly about the end of November I felt I had really recovered and so that meant a great Christmas with Jim, Al, Lisa, and Richard. And the beginning of a new year as well as the end of one that had highlights and low lights.

I am feeling so much better and thank everyone who gave me so much support amd help.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Happy new year. 2015 was quite a ride for sure.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

So glad you are feeling better.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

So happy you are feeling better!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home