Sunday, October 26, 2014

We do still exist...

 
               I know it is going to be hard to believe that we still exist, so I have included some new family pictures at the end of this blog for proof.
         
               So, as you all know, we had a baby, and I think that was about the last time we posted to the blog. haha. Then we got married, and most of you, if not all of you were there and that was really wonderful! Thank you all for coming, we had such a great time!

               Shortly after we got married, and because I am one of the coolest wives ever, I spent the last of my 'own' money courting Tim off to San Francisco to watch the Giants play ball. 2nd row, behind the pitching mound. And yes, at any time in our lives together, if and when he gets mad at me for some (probably silly) reason, I will kindly remind him of this great trip so he remembers how awesome I am. hahaha. just kidding. It was a really great trip, and I have to say Thank You again to my wonderful mother and father in law who so kindly paid for our hotel and to aunty Jude for the tickets to Alcatraz. Alcatraz was amazing, so glad we got to experience that. I fell in love with San Fran! The architecture is exquisite! It basically had me at hello... I asked to move there, Tim said No- he can be such a buzz kill. I booked a reservation at a famous restaurant down town and It was lovely! THE FOOD- oh lord it was so freaking delish! We had to dress formal and I am pretty sure the waiter knew we really had no business being there, as it was definitely out of our usual league, but he was great and made us feel at home, but I am pretty sure they got a good kick out of my excellent pronunciation of the crazy words on their menu, and my lack of knowledge in wine. Like always, Tim handle himself with grace- he truly is a chameleon where I am a fish out of water haha. Then Tim took me to this lovely, romantic, elegant bar called Toronodo. haha. It was a real classy joint with over 140 different kinds of beer to try and all they served was beer. This was right down in with the locals. And the man who let his dog repeatedly urinate on the floor and would wipe it up with magazines really added to the ambiance. Ah this place made me laugh. The people were truly great and it was actually quite adorable and the #1 place in San Fran to get a koubi was right next door. You went over, got your dog and brought it back over to the pub with you. The beer was good, and that's all that really mattered.
OOOOO- I also got to see my first stream of naked older men riding their pedal bikes- that was something I am certain I can go my whole life without seeing again. I just cant understand how that could ever be comfortable, or worth it. Word to those guys neighbours- NEVER borrow their pedal bike.
The ball game was awesome! so much fun! Needless to say, I would go back to San Fran in a minute!

            The day after we got back Tim went to Mexico for 2 months and I only saw him for 4 days from June 16 to August 15 and it was horrible. I dont think we will be doing that again any time soon. I passed the time heading to the lake and with friends and their kids. The boys and I had a pretty good summer, just wish Tim could have been more a part of it- but he's back now and we have lots of summers ahead!
            I guess I spent to much time alone this summer, and when I am alone, I am a thinker, and I spent a lot of time with my friend ( and now business partner) Nichole, whose husband usually works away, and I guess we thought to much together because we came up with this idea to open a business. So now we are business owners, and it is really awesome and also a lot of work. I enjoy it a lot for the most part, and there are days like today when I really don't want to see the inside of it. Nichole and I have basically been in this building every day since the beginning of  August getting things ready to go and then opening. The guys were a ton of help and I am very fortunate to have a great husband and an electrician in one! We have so many things that we are continually coming up with that we can add into our shop to keep in interesting, busy and fresh. Our newest project will hopefully turn out amazing (but if it does, you will see it on facebook).
             I am a little envious of Nichole right now, as she has spent the last few days in Vegas, and next week she leaves for mexico, but it sure makes me look forward to our trip to Maui in December.

             Okay- the boys.
         Kane: Kane turned 3 in August and he talks a blue streak and he is head strong and funny, and stubborn, and at this exact moment he is being a total brat- typical 3. But boy do I love that kid. He started pre school this year. He goes to flipz preschool twice a week and to cookie jar once a week- he loves it. he always asks 'how many more sleeps until school again?' I love the stuff he tells me that he learns at school! He was trying to tell me about the 'slolar system' when I picked him up the other day- so funny. He also started skating lessons, and I couldn't believe his improvement between his first and second lesson. This child is constantly blowing my mind.
         Grady: Grady is my sweet sweet little snuggly boy. He is slowly coming into his own and I cant wait to see what he is going to show us. Starting to do a little talking, and he rips around the house on two legs now and he is constantly making us laugh with his baby chatter and smiles. Love the age is at, they are exploring everything, and they look and sound like they have been drinking some vodka while they do it. lol. Its such a fun, entertaining age and the baby kisses are awesome, even if they are drooly and snotty. He is so rotten cute, he kills me. so cute, so fun, so great....cant wait to see what's next.

              Last but not least, Tim. Tim is great as always. Couldn't ask for a better husband, but if I give him any more projects, I might have to find a new one.... poor guy. But to be fair to myself, he had some time to get to know me before we got married, he knew what he was getting himself into. He is such a great dad and a great person. He has been playing volleyball and working lots. We have been very busy around this house, seems like we haven't had much time for us lately- thank god for Theresa and Geoff watching the boys so Tim and I can spend some time together because sometimes it seems like all we do is work work work, spin circles around each other when we get home from work with the boys, sit down for five mins after the boys are in bed and start snoring on the couch together haha. So its definitely awesome when we can just spend sometime together.

Well, thats all for now because I have to get ready to go put on a birthday party at the shop again today. No rest for the wicked. LOL

Hope you all are well and happy xoxo














6 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Lovely photos and thank you for the update! I knew you were still alive!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Wow, you and Sam are vying for the prize for covering the most time in one post. Pictures are great.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I think Jude spent the most time with the boys when you were getting the shop ready.

7:58 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Lovely pictures - nice and newsy post - but noone could forget this family



7:29 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Busy times!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Grady, get your finger out of your nose.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home