Thursday, October 23, 2014

A visit with "Uncle Jim"

Jim was in Red Deer last week and we went in on Friday to meet up with him. He had spent the week getting his house ready for selling. It is looking good. There are some upgrades since I was there last - new flooring and windows. Jim put in a new furnace (or was it a hot water heater?) and new appliances were being delivered as well as getting the driveway and front sidewalk recovered. He found a realtor who sounds as if she does not think it will take long to sell. That house is a lot bigger inside than it looks from the outside.

We went out for supper. Jim seems good and we enjoyed our visit.

Courtney's business partner has gone to Vegas for a few days so I have Grady today. Kane is at his dad's. We are having quite a nice visit, I think after lunch we will go out and rake some leaves.

I am starting to feel retired. Although I know I don't have to be busy I do a few things every day but only when I feel like it. It is a luxury to have lots of time to get the yard and house ready for winter.

5 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Hope you did not take Grady up with the leaves.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I mean rake

2:13 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Come to think of it, he has been pretty quiet for a couple of hours.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Better check the compost bins.

7:37 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Put him in red or blue next time, then you'll spot him right away.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home