Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Busy Few Days

This time in London, I have decided to see and do things I have not done before, excepts for the V&A, cause I love that museum.  One of the exhibitions on is about 80's clothe designers, John Galliano, Zandra Rhodes etc, and the club scene, it was really fun.  On Saturday I toured the Houses of Parliament.  The House of Lords is very ornate, full of red and gold furnishings, while the House of Commons is very plain.  Things are not very automated there, all voting is done manually, there is a bell that is rung when there is a vote, not just in the house, but surrounding bars and restaurants and the members have 8 minutes to got there to vote before the doors are shut.  Sunday I saw my first theatre production, the Commitments, soooo good.  I had forgotten how much I liked the soundtrack to the film and I did not realize it was written by Roddy Doyle.  On Monday a trip to the British Library, what an amazing place.  There is an exhibition on right now all about life in Georgian England and a gallery that has pulled things out of the archives for display, they have the actual Magna Carta, song lyrics from the Beatles, plays by Shakespeare, incredible.  Then last night I finally got to see The Book Of Mormon,  I wanted to see it in New York, but tickets were way too expensive.  It was worth the wait, I laughed so hard.

A little bit about the area I am staying in, very chichi.  Just down the street is a Chanel store, Stella McCartney store.  Then a half a block awaya Sainsbury's, even rich people have to eat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

What's your apartment like?

11:52 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I like British food stores, their food seems more interesting to me. Multiple flavours of yogurt and chips!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Tiny, about the size of my living room in Rocky, but it has everything I could need or want. It gets lots of light, hardwood floors, bath and shower. Bed is a futon, so during the day I have a couch and is comfortable to sleep on. On the sixth floor, with elevators in the building. A very good find.

I bought oranges in a little mesh bag the the other day, and they had a best before date.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home