Thursday, January 30, 2014

Badger Trip Report #1

I am sitting in my London flat, drinking coffee, life is good.

As Theresa said I started my journey in style, in the Mountaineer van to Red Deer.  I was a little early, so was able to have lunch at the hotel before the bus to the airport arrived.  I felt very glad that I did not book the flight on Monday night, as that one got cancelled, and all the travellers were on our flight.  I must say travelling business class is pretty sweet.  It made me feel pretty pampered.  Once I was through customs, and collected my luggage, I walked over to the underground station to take the tube into London, had my first bit of trouble.  Instead of getting one ticket I decided to get an Oyster card for multi trips, it all went swimmingly until the very end, when the message said, your credit card has been charged, but can't dispense ticket.  I pressed the help button, which told me to stay at the machine.  A guy with a London Transport uniform was passing by so I asked him for help, he couldn't so he found another person, who contacted someone else.  In the end the card just got stuck in the machine, and the third person was able to free it and I was on on my way.  Everyone was very friendly and helpful.  Once I got to South Kensington station, I was looking on the map, for Sloane Avenue, and nice man helped me out.  The one thing he forgot to mention was that the street starts out as Pelsham rd, then turns into Sloane Avenue,  got a bit lost and wet before I found my way, but it all worked out.  Today I am going to the V and A, my favourite museum.

I tried to load family pictures of Tim Court and the boys I took before I left, but won't load, so here is one of Courtney learning to knit from September.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Jude, Jude, Jude......I saw your face, and I missed you, and then I saw the picture of me here, and you are lucky you are not closer...
Glad you are there safe and sound!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

It's a cute picture of you, ask anyone.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

it's a good thing Mom is taking a cab in from the airport.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home