Sunday, February 02, 2014

Almost there!

We will be on vacation in couple days-I booked hotels in Barcelona and Valencia for our trip, and see that the weather looks pretty good while we are there. Also downloaded Spanish/English translator. Hotels in Spain seem pretty reasonable-I guess because their economy isn't great?

In the basement-still waiting for insurance to figure out what they're doing. Apparently because we had 2 claims this year, they won't cover us next year. Thanks jerks. We got the entire length of plumbing changed and also put in pressure valve. And while at it, getting plumber to fix leaky upstairs sink faucet. That plumber has made money off of us.

weather is cold here! Just in time for our vacation!

Still super busy at work, though finally on Friday we managed to catch up sort of with patients. I can't remember it ever being quite that many patients needing admission. I felt overwhelmed on wed, started crying (1st at mom's where we were for supper) and continued until I went to bed. Felt better after my meltdown. And Thursday, though remaining busy finally felt like we got somewhere by end of day. Monday I am supposed to be doing a Lean learning thing, so I hope things are OK there while I am gone. Jana won't be back until after I leave-but cannot do anything about that! And won't worry about it!

Thesis, mostly avoiding, but have doing some reading etc on it.

Richard still slogging away at rental. We decided to not sweat it and just plan on renting for April. Which makes it much more manageable. Richard has found cigarette butts everywhere-vents, cupboards? Who does that? Also illicit substance with paraphenalia-which he threw in garbage. Twits. I felt some satisfaction knowing that their money went in the trash.

Ear, not infected anymore I think-went to doctor earlier this week-who told me to keep doing the drops as was still inflamed-but better now. I go tomorrow to get it syringed out-thankfully-not being able to hear well out of this ear is quite annoying.

So, with all this stuff going on, quite looking forward to time off!




4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

You're the next badger team to go!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

It has been really windy here, and some places are still flooded, but the sun has been out for the last couple of days so hopefully it will start to dry out for those poor people.

1:44 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Saw the flooding in sw england on the news - is it in the cornwall area where we will be?

4:18 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

timing of your vacation could not come at a better time!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home