Sunday, January 19, 2014

Only a Week

until I leave for London, the time after Christmas has sure gone by quickly.  I heard back from my flat in London and so far no one is booked on the night before I get there so I may be able to check in early which is great.  Means I won't have to hang around a coffee shop for hours.

I got myself a new camera, through Airmiles points, it is a DSLR, Canon EOS Rebel.  I have done a little practicing with it, but plan to get out and take some pictures around town so I can really feel comfortable with it.  Kane and Grady are coming over this afternoon, while Tim and Court go to a movie so I will have fun taking pics of them too.

My kitchen is coming along nicely, Geoff and Graham are almost done, just have to cement the counter-tops on,  which should be done early next week and then I can put stuff away, do some more unpacking and really settle in.  My bedroom is almost organised, but need to put stuff away in the kitchen/living rooms, so that it looks a little more tidy.  I will probably leave the pictures until I get back in March.

I took a quick trip to Edmonton, for a haircut, last one before the wedding so I felt I had to go with Nadine, tried and true, I did not want to break in a new hairdresser.  I stayed at Grace and Dallyn's which was lovely.  They live in such a convenient neighborhood, good bus service (the number 1 bus, not as interesting as the number 5 but still pretty good).  I had supper with Allison one night and with Sam the next night, Nancy could not come she was playing Dodgeball. apparently she would rather get hit by a ball then see me!!  I also got to the store and had a visit with Kay and my replacement (also named Judith).  I did not see much of Grace, as she had things on the go, but did have a good visit with Dallyn.

Geoff and I went to the local Ford dealership, to look at cars and I test drove a couple, but decided to wait until after I get back to purchase something.  No point in paying for insurance for a month when it is just sitting there.

4 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

What are you thinking of buying?

9:47 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

A Ford Fiesta.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zip zip!

2:07 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

beep beep!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home