Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy New Year

So far I am the only one up at the Ferrey senior house, so thought I would post.  The three of us went over to Tim and Court's for New Years Eve.  I made spaghetti, and we took it over there, to have dinner with Kane, Tim and Court went out to a friends.  We had a fun time playing but at bedtime none of the boys wanted to go.  But finally got everyone settled, and I realized I forgot my book at home, it was about 9:40 so I decided to go back and leave Theresa on her own, Geoff left a little earlier.  I read for awhile and then went to bed around 11:00.  A pretty normal new years for me.

I took the rental car back to Edmonton on Monday, Highway 11 was icy so I only did about 80 to Red Deer, highway 2 was pretty good, though I saw a lot of vehicles in the ditch, including a bus!!  Just at the edge of Edmonton there was an accident so traffic was very slow, once I got past that I sailed along gassed up the car and went back to the rental company.  By then it was 11:30 and my bus was to leave at 11:45, luckily I picked Enterprise to rent with, so they drove me to the bus office with 3 minutes to spare.  At least that was what I thought, in the end it was a half an hour, because the bus was late.  Geoff picked me up in Red Deer and we drove back home.

I have been through all my boxes, and unpacked most of them, although it seems to me the apartment looks worse than when I first got here.  I still have some bins to unpack, and then I can move furniture around and make it look more homey.  I feel as though I have a lot more cupboard space than I had in Edmonton and I am making good use of the basement, basement to put stuff I do not need right away.  I have also started another pile of stuff to go to the next to new. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

I am glad you are settling in. Happy New Year to all the family.

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home