Friday, December 20, 2013

Finally Feel Like Posting

I think I am beginning to come down from from the moving stress.  I don't know what I was thinking, I should have asked for the possession date of the condo to be this week not last.  But I didn't and T&G paid the price, having to put up with the movement of my stuff into their place until 4:30 am.  The move was a nightmare, I was not nearly ready enough and having crabby neighbors in the condo did not help.  The movers got to my place around 9:15 am, and started moving stuff out right away.  But because we do not have a loading dock I had to sit in the lobby of the building because the doors were unlocked and open.  Then people who live in the building were complaining about the doors being open because it is winter and cold and the plants might be adversely affected.  Then complaining because my stuff was lined up in the lobby, and was supposed to be loaded to the truck right away.  of course if that had been done the doors would have been open a  lot longer, it started to snow, and was slippery on the steps so the guys had to slow down some.  Obviously the people complaining had not moved in a very long time.  I hope their moves are horrible.

I was very lucky to have Allison come over and calm me down, I was feeling very stressed, but she really helped me feel better.  After movers left we did some more packing, into bins and a little clean up, but I was exhausted and had to call it a day around 7.  Took stuff over to Value Village and dropped Allison off, and went to find Vicky's.  I thought I knew where I was going but got confused and could not find her place, stopped at Walmart to look at a phone book, but the office there did not have white pages.  Finally called 411, to get their telephone number and then did a reverse lookup once I had the number.  So happy to get there.  Of course I was still wired from the move, and knew I had stuff I should get out of the condo, so woke up at 3 am, and did a couple of loads to take stuff to Vicky's.  The Got Junk people came on Thursday morning, and took remaining furniture, and some garbage.  Allison came over and took Baba's sewing machine, and I cleaned and took more stuff to Vicky's.  The handover to the new owner was to take place at 12:00.  At 10:00 I got a call from my lawyer saying they were waiting for some information from the Management company and the sale would not got through until the next week.  I got that straightened out, and we went into this tenancy thing, when I am still the owner, but the new owner becomes a tenant until the sale is final.  I got the money in my account on Monday, what a relief.  I feel very lucky that I could stay at Vicky and Dick's, it is so peaceful and quiet.

Grace had a goodbye dinner for me last Sunday, it was lovely, she made lasagne, and had Allison, Sam and Nancy and Henry and Ally over.  We had a good visit heard about the Europe trip and Christmas parties and other things.

Then on Monday I heard that my realtor has stage 4 brain cancer.  His wife works at the store, and i just feel terrible for them.

I moved over to Allison's on Thursday after work,(Vicky and Dick coming home today and I thought they might like their house to themselves).  I work again tomorrow and then over to George and Kay's on Sunday to visit, Monday morning meeting Vicky for breakfast, picking Sam up Monday afternoon, and then officially moving to Rocky.

I cannot wait.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Betty Anne said...

That sounds like a really stressful time. Winter moves are the worst. Merry Christmas!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Well, it's all over now. It was not really all that bad on this end. Geoff is up half the night anyway.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Now you can enjoy holiday!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

and also, late move-in to T&G's was weather, more than anything else.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

The whole thing made me thankful I have hardly ever had to move. And that I will be here till I die.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Me too.

7:47 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

The good thing about possession date being last week is that now you are done!!
Moving is one of the most stressful things that happen in your life-and you did it in winter!
This proves you have good mental health!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Glad to have confirmation from a mental health professional that I am not crazy!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

No crazier than the rest of us

4:50 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Moving is always awful.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home