Thursday, December 26, 2013

Boxing day

We had a nice Christmas. Christmas Eve we had perogies, cabbage rolls, kolbassa etc. I left a baking sheet of perogies on the deck to freeze and forgot about them. This morning there were only 3 half eaten ones left. I am not sure who got them, the birds, raccoons, or squirrels, but apparently they liked them.
Richard and I went to Christmas Eve service, though we both fell asleep beforehand.
Christmas Day we opened gifts at Mom's, puttered, played TRivial Pursuit (I won!) and had naps.
Mom cooked a delicious turkey-perhaps the best gravy ever?
I am off work until Monday-yay!
Al and I are going to go watch a matinee today I think.  Ricardo has to work, though he doesn't seem to mind. We are thinking of going bowling this evening.
We booked our flight to Spain and our hotel in London for Mom, Jim, Richard and I. We are staying at the http://www.sheriffhotel.com/ from the 17-19, for Mom and Jim and until the 22 for RW and I! If anyone is going to London, it seems reasonable, recently renovated, located right near Buckingham Palace, which Mom says is where we want to be.
Jude what is the name of the place we are staying in Cornwall? and when is check in time?
I think Mom and Jim will get there earlier in the afternoon, but if check in isn't until later, they can putter around London.
We get into Gatwick at 930 on the 14th, so will get to Cornwall by later afternoon I think.
I need to find an outfit to wear to the wedding that is packable and lightweight. Something knitted perhaps?

3 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

I the squirrel that left the nut in Mom's shoe was enjoying a perogy dinner.

1:43 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Jude, what is the name of the place we are staying at?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Venton House. ventonhouse.co.uk

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home