Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday Morning with nothing really to do

and I am very happy with that state of affairs.  Friday morning I took the car back to Enterprise, and asked for a ride to work (because they pick you up).  And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but Santa in a minvan, ready to drive me where I needed to go.  That really put me in the Christmas spirit.  On the way home I took the number 5 bus, when I got on the driver had a Santa hat on, and said to me "So happy to have you on my bus young lady".  Instant Christmas spirit again.

Last day at work yesterday, and my 2 favourite customers came in to say goodbye.  Then cousin Nancy also came in to have a visit.  Another regular customer came in,she just retired and I asked her if she wanted to work in the shop she said yes so she might replace me, and not only that her name is Judith.   After work Grace and Dallyn picked me up and we went to see Saving Mr Banks, I really enjoyed it and it made me a little teary eyed (in a good way).

I booked my flights to the UK and back, have decided to spend some extra time  so I will be leaving on the 28 of Jan and coming back the 3 of March.  Other than the week in Oxford and the time in Cornwall, I have not decided what I will do while I am there, so once I am home in Rocky, will have to decide where to go and what to do.

7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

You went to the movie without me?

7:21 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

One last movie with me before she becomes *your* movie buddy.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

David (Wilf's ) brother drivers the number 5 bus. Sounds like something he would say

4:54 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I love the number 5. The drivers are always super quality.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

He looked too old to be David.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Thai Food said...

Very nice story. I like this story very much. thanks for the good post.

9:23 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Mysterious, yet polite, Thai Food

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home