Thursday, December 26, 2013

Quiet Christmas in Rocky

Sam and I arrived on the 23, with a minivan full of things, some were things from my move, but an awful lot of them were presents, Sam's, Grace's and mine to put under the tree.  The flowers were waiting for me, from Anne, Will, Tim, Courtney, Sam and Grace to welcome me to my new home, it
was a lovely thoughtful gift to receive. 

Christmas Eve, Tim and Court made supper, we visited and played with the boys.   Then G, T, and S went to church and I cleaned up.  Christmas morning, Grace drove from Drayton Valley and woke us up around 8.  Even though there were not as many people as most years, the tree still looked very full of presents and it took awhile to open.  Tim and Grady came over, while Court was taking Kane to his Dad's, then she arrived and we all had breakfast.  Pretty low key afternoon, naps and book reading and eating Chili Cheese dip, then supper and more visiting. 

I have started unpacking, take the turtle approach, slow and steady wins the race, I think by the time I leave for the UK I should be all unpacked.

Merry Christmas to everyone, now I think it is time for a hot Turkey sandwich for lunch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

What a lovely welcome to your new home

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home