Saturday, November 23, 2013

New Specs


I am posting my new specs...
they will be progressives-am hoping that I adjust to them fairly quickly-eye doctor says people who are near sighted are able to get used to them quicker.
Richard will probably not like them until I've had them a couple months-I think it takes longer for him as he sees me in them all the time, whereas I only see me in them a few times a day. Each new pair of glasses he says, 'I like the old ones better'. I like to have a significant change when buying new glasses. I am tired of the old ones by the time I am buying new ones. I guess this is an advantage to wearing glasses. You get to change your look every couple years.

Work is busy. Many people needing admission to unit. We have been running over by 5 patients for 2 weeks now. Luckily with size of new unit, able to accommodate easily enough-we have more bedrooms.

Almost finished paper. Am at 4700 words and need 5000-6000. I will easily be at the 6000 mark. I am glad that writing comes easier to me now. It used to take me a long time to write anything at all.

Then start thesis. Trying not to freak out about it.

Cleaned house today! Hurrah! I won't say how long since bathroom, floors washed and dusting has been done, but it has been quite a while. I leave RW to do the vacuuming.

I am going to Kamloops this upcoming week for work-sitting in on a Trauma Informed Practice workshop and I am quite excited about it! So many people with substance use and mental illness have experienced trauma, so would like to offer it at our hospital.

Still teaching the Strengthening Families course through BCSS. It is a great group, lots of conversation and meaningful. I do like running groups. It makes things busier for me, but it is enjoyable. I am going to quit my other board in the new year. I only have limited time and would rather put energy into BCSS which needs more active members than LES.

We are likely booking for Spain and England Monday. Some good flight prices. Sure do like vacations!

7 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Nice looking glasses.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Nice looking glasses.

8:56 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Thanks for double compliment!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I like the glasses

6:54 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I love learning about trauma informed practice! Have fun!

12:31 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

You also learned about trauma informed practice! Was it useful?

7:07 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Very useful for anytime working with a pt/family who identify as belonging to a marginalized group. I first learned about it in the NICU, funnily enough!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home