Friday, November 22, 2013

Life in Tofino

I realized the other day that I haven't posted since I moved to Tofino.  At least, I don't think I have.  Anyway, Tofino is great.  Right now the weather is very cold and very sunny, which always reminds me of home.  I was on the beach on Wednesday this week, and there was actually ice on the beach.  I didn't think that sort of thing could happen.

Life in Tofino is good.  It's a very small town, and it hasn't taken me long to get to know people.  The Legion has pool twice a week, which is a good way to get to know people.  I even won a game last week!  There is also a movie night on Mondays at the Community Theater.  The lady who runs it tries to find movies that are good but not well known, and there is one documentery per month.  In October it was a documentary on the Orcas in Seaworld.  One of them has killed several people, including someone when it was at Sealand in Victoria.  I didn't even know there had been a Sealand in Victoria, let alone that someone had been killed by a whale there.

The biggest downside to living here is when I have to go out.  I was in Victoria a couple weeks ago for a clergy day (and then stayed for the weekend).  It's about five hours or so to Victoria, and the pass out of here can be tricky.  I have to go again next week to elect a Bishop, and I'm hoping that it won't snow in the pass.  My friend Logan has let his name stand for Bishop.  There are six candidates, all men.  I've never elected a Bishop before, so I'm quite excited.

The house here is really nice.  I took a couple pictures to show you all, but didn't actually tidy up or anything.  You can see that I've been doing some sewing for a friend - he wanted a new robe for church.


It's really a bright and sunny place (when the sun is out, I guess).  There are all wood floors with infloor heating, and a gas fireplace which is very nice this time of year.  

I have booked my tickets for Anne's wedding - Feb 10-24!!  

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Is it sunny all winter?

8:19 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Apparently not. Everyone here is marveling at how sunny it still is. They keep telling me that the rain is coming.

8:34 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

It looks great Will!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Lovely looking house. Pick a good. Bishop.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

super nice. Is bus an option for snowy-pass trips?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Wow. I am coming to visit ASAP.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home