Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I went to the dermatologist last month, she removed some precancerous spots on my face, she took a couple of samples of skin, one that has been red for a number of years, she sent them away to be tested and told me last week that it was cancer. Basel cell cancer (sp) I have an appointment in January to remove the spot, (day surgery) they will let me know if any other follow up is needed.  This is the best type of cancer to have (if you have to have cancer).  It does not attack other cells, I will just to make sure I check all spots and get them looked at.  If any of you have spots that you have been wondering about please go and have the checked out.  

6 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I'm glad you went and it's getting treated. And that it's so treatable. It's hard not to feel a bit scared. How are you feeling?

3:47 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Good, I am not worried at all. It will be removed and just have keep an eye out fir more

4:10 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I am glad that you have that kind of cancer Laura!
They will take it off and then you are done with it!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

What made you go to the dermatologist?

8:27 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

My doctor referred me because of a red scaly spot by my eye, I while I was there she checked other spots and there it was. She sent it to be checked and it came back cancerous. She said from sun exposure or old age

4:41 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Eek, hope it is all ok. Maybe I will take your advice about the spots on my back I've been wondering about (sure it is fine,but...)

So glad you got it checked!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home