Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weird

I keep getting this strange message when trying to post-saying that I am logging in from another location? Had to do a circuitous route to get here and post.
I met with thesis advisors who suggest that I apply to do a doctorate fast track and not do my masters, I have to decide by Monday.
It would mean being done 2017, not 2015. and more work. But then would have doctorate. Am leaning towards doing it, but feeling like it is such a big undertaking. I'd have to quit the boards I'm on and be so immersed in it. The plus side is that of course it is doing something that I am interested in.I don't know career-wise what advantage it would give me-obviously would look good on a resume, but in terms of jobs I would want to do-not really sure how it would impact me. To be honest, that is not really a motivator for me though-I didn't start my masters wanting it for work and what it would do for me there.
what do you guys think?
In other news, I'm famous! UBC nursing website has me on it. Richard took the picture in our backyard. The words are all my own.

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Great picture, what a week for you. Lisa Wensink star! Good luck with your decision

2:57 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

We could be a family with three PhDs.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Tough decision. Does it mean that you would keep your job and do both at the same time?

Good article.

5:55 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yup. Unless someone decided to pay me while I study?
Anyone interested in funding me?
Other than Richard?

8:39 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I am a poor retiree, so no help from me.

7:36 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Why don't you give me the proceeds from the sale of your condo? That'll keep me going for a while.

I've decided to apply for it-have to send in a letter and see if the grad school will let me as you are only supposed to apply within the 1st year of your masters-so they might refuse me anyway. But I will give it a go!

6:37 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

And almost equally exciting-someone needed an IV today and I did it!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home