Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I am so important ... I mean busy

It seems as if we have been so busy since we got back from holidays. I don't like being busy, I am not one of those who secretly delight in saying how busy I am (code for how important I am). However it has all been good things.

My coworker Caitie got married on Saturday, so she is on holidays and that makes work busy. The week before there was a stagette for her at which I  managed to stay until 9:30 p.m. That weekend Grace was home because there were celebrations for Abbi's wedding. Part of the stagette was here on Friday night since their plan was camping but it was raining. So I tell everyone I went to two stagettes. On the Saturday there was a shower for Abbi.

Drove to Edmonton on Sunday afternoon and went to Grace's convocation on Monday. It was very nice, I never cease to marvel at how they can give degrees to over 600 people in two hours. Out for supper at the Wildflower Grill with Jude, Allison, Grace, Dallyn, Sam, Nancy and us. It was very good food and fun to see everyone.

I am mad at the weather. Where is this global warming? This is the same crappy weather we get every June. Rain and cold when it is not raining. I just want to get out in the yard, I feel happy when I am there, but it's always raining.

Talked to Anne on Father's Day. She is having surgery on her knee on Friday so Geoff decided to go down and help out with her recovery. He will be there for a week. I wish I could go.

Caitie's wedding was very nice. I was taking mental notes of the decor and details in case anyone asks me if I have any wedding ideas. One thing I really like about weddings (same for funerals actually) is the people you see there who you didn't know had any connection with the central people. This wedding is the reason I couln't go to the reunion in GP, wish I could have although Jude said no one from my class was there.

Geoff has been over at Tim's a lot helping with the fence. It is looking good, makes the yard look totally different, quite a bit bigger actually for some reason. Occasionally Geoff will get Kane in the afternoons and bring him home for some quality time, then come get me at work. I just love that little guy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous laura said...

so Abbi had a shower in more ways than one. Soon the rain will stop and sun will reine

6:05 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I hope so, Laura. Are you having the same weather?

7:05 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Yes but this week we
actually saw the sun and the temp reached 20

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home