Saturday, May 25, 2013

Good times

I have had a good few weeks. Our holiday was great. It was a lot of fun being in NYC with the Badgers. Grace has joined us as a Badger; I feel she passed her initiation trip with flying colours. And it was really great to see Anne. She, of course, is an original Badger.

We stayed over at Jude's the night we got back so we could visit with Laura and Jim, and are glad we did. It was great to see them. Sam came over on Sunday for breakfast so we got to hear the things we could prise out of him about his holiday. Sounds like it was good.

When I got back to work, I realized that the holiday had refreshed me, which a holiday should do but doesn't always. Work has been busy and with people taking holidays in the next month or so it will be more busy. We have a new editor at the paper so there is an adjustment going on there. I do miss Stu. He went to the St. Albert Gazette as editor so that is a big step up for him.

The week after we got back was my week - Mother's Day, birthday and anniversary. I got bouquets of beautiful flowers all week. We went to Tim and Courtney's for my birthday dinner and had a great time. I had to work on our anniversary (May long weekend holiday) but we went into Red Deer to the Keg after and had a nice dinner. 35 years, hard to believe.
 
The week we were away the weather was really hot. Geoff got the garden planted last week, and he said the ground was very dry. I had a good surprise when we got back from holidays, some plants I had ordered had arrived. Got them planted and was a bit worried because it was so dry. But it started raining on Thursday and it has been coming down since then. A nice, gentle rain. Noticed that the peas are up already.

Tim has started putting up a fence. He has a family member who likes to be outside, but runs away occasionally and can be hard to catch.

Tim and Courtney are going away next weekend to a wedding so we will have a guest for a couple of nights. We called in our help for these situations, A Doo. Kane hasn't seen her for a while, but talks to her frequently on the phone.

Last week, Tim, Courtney and Kane were over for supper and after we were done eating Kane climbed up on my lap, snuggled into me and said, "Baba, Baba, Baba ..." My heart melted.


2 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

This is not a new thing for Kane is it?
or your heart melting for that matter too.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

A Doo can,t wait.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home