Saturday, June 08, 2013

A Fine Birthday

My birthday was quite nice. Haircut the day of, so generous hairdresser gave me some free 'product' (which might also be a plea to 'style' my hair more). My friends Laura and David took me out for dinner. Judith made me spaghetti (without judging my choice) and had Grace, Sam, and Nancy over. So nice! Todd and I might go out this week, I think. Things are starting to settle a bit for him now that the gallery is open in its new space. New space is so beautiful! They have done a wonderful job, and there's way more room there. Summer patios start this Thursday at Latitude, and they did a successful online fundraising campaign to build the patio.

Writing for a deadline on Wednesday, which I think is doable. My proposal won't be perfect, but it'll be improved. It feels good not to be so anxious about what I submit, and okay with whatever feedback I get back.

Tiny little pea and bean shoots coming up in the community garden! I also have lots of tomato seedlings that I have to use up older seeds. They are pretty small, so I will see if any tomatoes come from them. It is still nice to plant. Got some delphinium and lilies from a nice and sort of crazy gardener.

Police found my bike! I am going to go get it next week. I will sell it to a friend (if it's in good enough condition) and give the money back to the co-op. They know, so even though I felt guilty about purchasing new bike right away, this seems okay. (why would I feel guilty about this? had to buy a bike!)

Going to Pride parade today and to a friend's for afternoon cocktails. Then trying to 'work.' Will probably more likely be 'nap.'

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

When I was on my way to work on Saturday I saw a Peace Officer car with the rainbow flag flying.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

It also is flying at edmonton garrison

6:40 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

They had an old-style police car there (which we joked was the car that police used to use to arrest gays). And the CFB apparently is the first in Canada to raise the rainbow flag? Parade was fun!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home